Courses for Parents
We organise a course for parents on dyslexia. The course is a six-hour course which is delivered over two evenings in an online format. Topics covered include:
- What is dyslexia?
- The assessment and afterwards
- Understanding school & supports that are available
- Strategies in school & at home
- Self-esteem and well being
The course aims to:
- Give parents an overview of dyslexia in the context of the Irish education system
- Provide parents with the key information they need to act as advocates on behalf of their children
- Equip parents with some practical strategies they can implement themselves to help their children.
The fee per parent is €50 for DAI members and €75 for non-members. Pre-booking is essential, as places are limited.
See our TicketTailor box office for info and booking on all upcoming courses.