This form is to be completed by a parent/guardian of the dyslexic young person – you will be the ongoing contact person.
Step 1: Complete the application form. To do this you will need 3 pieces of information:
1. Your DAI membership number. [You must be a DAI member to apply for a place in a Workshop. If you wish to renew your DAI membership or become a member please go to DAI Membership or if you have forgotten your membership number please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Either the Psychological Assessment Report or evidence from the school confirming that your young person is dyslexic. [If you have any questions about this please contact the local Workshop Coordinator.] You need to be on a device where you can access these documents to upload them; it is best to do this on a computer rather than a phone. You may upload up to 3 files. The maximum file size for each is 256Mb, and the accepted file formats are: pdf, doc, jpg, gif and png.
3. A second contact person in case of an emergency (you will be the first emergency contact person) and essential medical information relating to your young person that needs to be shared with the Workshop staff.
Step 2: The Coordinator reviews the applications in late August/early September 2023
• If there is a place available in your young person’s age/class group you will be contacted by the Coordinator. You will be given the term dates then.
• If there is no place available at the time, the Coordinator will contact you confirming that your young person is on the waiting list and that they will be given a place once one becomes available.
Step 3: Fee Payment. Statements & invoices will be emailed to you after the start of each term (autumn & spring). The fees are approximately €30 per workshop evening/morning session but the precise cost will be confirmed when the workshop starts in the autumn. Fees must be paid in full before the end of each term.
If you are experiencing financial challenges you can apply for Fee Support. You can do so by submitting the DAI Worksop Fee Support Form (which includes information on eligibility).